Se avete esigenze di sviluppo di applicazioni che richiedono l’interfacciamento al GPS, non posso che consigliarvi la libreria GPS.NET 3.0
GPS.NET is a formerly commercial .NET component maintained by GeoFrameworks, LLC from 2004 to 2009. In 2009, Jon Person decided to release the full source code of GPS.NET to the public domain for the benefit of the open source development community. This version (3.0) is the latest release which had a short lifespan before being released here on CodePlex. The purpose of this framework is to deliver intuitive real-time GPS functionality with maximum
lazinessefficiency for all possible computers, mobile devices and NMEA-compliant GPS devices.
Tra le funzionalità principali, troviamo:
- Automatic detection of serial GPS devices (or devices found via a virtual serial port).
- Automatic detection of Bluetooth devices (when using the Microsoft Bluetooth stack.)
- Support for newer devices using the QualComm GPS chipset (namely, HTC devices such as the TyTn II, P3300 and AT&T Tilt)
- Automatic baud rate detection.
- Automatic recovery of lost connections.
- A single code base which supports .NET Framework 2.0/3.x and .NET Compact Framework 2.0/3.x.
- Advanced GPS precision via Kalman filtering.
- Support for desktops and mobile devices.
- Support for the GPS Intermediate Driver on Windows Mobile 5.0+
- Support for real-time GPS data without relying on Microsoft’s GPS API.
- Support for control and monitoring of precision.
- A set of animated gauge controls for desktops and mobile devices (Altimeter, Compass, Speedometer, SatelliteViewer, SatelliteSignalBar).
Da notare il fatto che la libreria funziona sia su Windows Phone che su PC.